Alex aims to raise over £1 million (USD$1.3 million) from his 10 million metre campaign, which is to go towards funding research into finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease. Both the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research and the Cure Parkinson’s Trust are the extraordinary charities that will benefit from your donation, which can be made either through the Justgiving icon (for the Cure Parkinson’s Trust) or the TeamFox Donate Now Icon.
Let’s make change happen for millions. Donate and keep moving!!
About the Charities:
The Cure Parkinson’s Trust was founded in 2005 by four people with Parkinson's: Sir Richard Nichols, Air Vice Marshal Michael Dicken, Sir David Jones and Tom Isaacs. Their specific aim was to raise money to fund and facilitate research into finding a cure for Parkinson’s. They dared to believe that a cure could be found. These were the original ‘Movers & Shakers’, and the charity’s ethos has evolved through a combination of four key elements:
- The Cure Parkinson's Trust has one bold aim - to cure Parkinson's disease;
- the charity funds innovative projects and inspirational scientists with the aim of building momentum towards a cure;
- it brings scientists together to improve communication and promotes collaboration between researchers; and
- founded by patients, the Trust is passionate about involving patients in this vision.
"If we all start hoping for a cure, believing in a cure and talking about a cure, then perceptions will change. Already there are pioneering new methods which are not so much treating Parkinson's as reversing it. We are convinced that although the road to a cure may be about money and science, the drive for a cure will be powered by public opinion. With your help we can effect this change."
Sir Richard Nichols, Sir David Jones, Air Vice Marshall Michael Dicken, Tom Isaacs, co-founders of The Cure Parkinson's Trust
Team Fox is The Michael J. Fox Foundation’s (MJFF) grassroots community fundraising program. It is made up of thousands of people worldwide who raise funds and awareness for Parkinson's disease research. All funds raised through Team Fox go directly to MJFF to further its mission to accelerate the delivery of life-changing treatments, and ultimately a cure, to people with Parkinson’s disease.
Help us speed a cure for Parkinson's!
9,124,315m | 91% Complete
Next 5 Events:
- 3 days - Beyond the Ultimate Jungle Ultra
- 36 days - The NorthFace Lavaredo Ultra Trail 7th Edition
- 71 days - Beyond the Ultimate Mountain Ultra
- 122 days - The Otter Trail Run
- 176 days - Beyond the Ultimate Desert Ultra
|Counting the days until the 24th May when the 230Km Beyond the Ultimate Jungle Ultra starts.