I will preface this blog with the understanding that the full story, all the details, the pain, worry, excitement, the good, bad and everything will be published in the forthcoming GoTrail Magazine. It will be a big read…and I’ll let you know when my African Experience can be read.
So, while resting my up and being brief (to avoid James from GoTrail telling me off) ….
In short, I went to South Africa with the amazing and talented Mr Johnny Ultra; to whom I owe a huge debt of thanks. The country, the people, the hospitality, and the welcome we received were amazing. We ran in Durban, visited and also ran at the unique and iconic Hole-in-the-Wall, stayed at the beautiful Nature’s Valley and stared in wonder at the spectacular and effervescent Cape Town. We met truly astounding athletes who are clearly passionate about trail running, and together pitted ourselves against the Otter Trail…the “Holy Grail” of trail…and if you’ve been following my 10MillionMetres Facebook page you’ll know that I rolled the ankle and…the rest will be revealed all too soon.
In the meantime, I want to say thank you to and for the following:
- The wonderfully kind James and Suzanna Hallett for the amazing adventure that has still yet to be finished and all the great coverage that GoTrail has given to 10MillionMetres to date;
- John and Mark Collins, the whole of Magnetic South and the support team including all the amazing volunteers (especially Steven and Melody) for their help, support and for putting on the Otter Trail Race!! See you next year chaps J
- Motion Pixel – movies, movies, movies!!!
- Salomon South Africa – thank you guys for the kit and the warm welcome!!!!!
- VW Commercial Vehicles SA – thank you, thank you, thank you for supplying the amazing Amarok Double Cab!!! I highly recommend the vehicle. It did the job, took the kit (and then some) across all kinds of terrain and was comfortable too! Andile – you did us proud!
- Orca, CompresSport, X-Bionic, Buff (always wear one) PowerBar Nutrition and Polaroid Sunglasses – thank you!
Lastly, and most importantly, thanks must go to my core sponsor the deVere Group, for their continuing support and belief in my 10MillionMetres campaign and for making change happen!